Monday, October 11, 2010

Debbie Does Music: Arcade Fire – The Suburbs


The parody here is killing me! New album, The Suburbs. LA shows at The Shrine, sold out. Me, stuck, well…in the suburbs. Ya, that mostly sums up DDM much of the time. But I still enjoy good music, not always like my counterparts who don’t have kids, a house in the burbs, and a bunch of domesticated animals…but hey…


I wish they could have stopped here, in Thousand Oaks, as part of the tour, or maybe even at my house. I mean, I am THE EPITOMY of The Suburbs!!!! We could have had a house concert!! I would have invited enough people to make them happy. And I could have cooked, or ok, ordered in, for them.

Instead, I sat at home, and read tweet after tweet of peeps saying things like “Arcade Fire looks like a musical brigade up there! Amazing”@grimygoods and “My heart is so full right now. My mind is blown from how amazing this show is.” @Seraphina_L. And if you search twitter for #arcade fire you can see all the other comments from their adoring fans. It didn’t help. It was great for them, but darn it, sitting at home is harder when you know the good stuff is happening!

So, you should check them out, if you haven’t already. They are from Montreal, not a burb, but where music by this talented bunch of indie rockers is made. The album is one cool ‘burb tribute.

Try it. From one exurbanite to another, you’ll like it.

Check out their site/blog You can check out songs, video and merchandise here, as well as see what they did to help Haiti.

You can follow them on twitter @arcadefire, but if your smart (and lucky) you will go to a show and see them live, soon. And then you can make me jealous, too. You can tweet me @debbiedoesmusic and rub it in.

Printed by permission. Visit Debbie's blog @ http://www.exurbmagazine.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment