Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Hop Head Said - A Blog by Curtis: BJ's Brewhouse Jeremiah Red


There will soon be over 100 BJ’s, all scattered across the country, with 50 locations in California. I visited the Oxnard location @ 461 Esplanade Drive/805.485.1124.

With at least 15 beers in their lineup you can bet that you will find a beer to enjoy. If you don’t want to taste ‘em all I will do my best to taste all their beers so you don’t have to. It is a big project and it will take awhile but then again I am really thirsty and I am sure you are, too! So let’s get started…

I only had time to stop in at the restaurant and picked up two six packs. Usually I would sit down with my samplers and notepad but I just didn’t have the time to do so. Also, I wanted to get this blog up and running. Unfortunately they do not mix their six packs and you cannot at your local grocery or liquor store. So if you want to sample a few different brews be prepared to sit and taste at the restaurant (which has great brewpub ambiance) or purchase a couple six packs to go.

My first review is BJ’s Jeremiah Red®

The crystal malt used in this recipe imparts a rich gold to copper-red color and caramel flavor and increases foam stability. The Munich malt contributes an intense malt flavor and some color while the chocolate malt used in small quantities gave the beer a deep red/brown and just a hint of roasted flavor. The Northern Brewer hops used added bitterness but not a lot of flavor and gave the beer an earthy aroma.

http://www.bjsrestaurants.com/bj-beers
Published by permission. Visit Curtis' blog at http://hopheadsaid.wordpress.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment