Saturday, February 12, 2011

Debbie Does Music: How a Housewife Gets to The Grammy’s



Yep. I’m going to The Grammy’s tomorrow! Like, not going to hang out in the street and watch everyone walk the red carpet. I am walking the red carpet. Yep!! I’m really excited. But how does a housewife with a music blog get to mingle with the famous?

Nepotism.

Yep.

And I’d do it again. See, my husband works on design for the star studded event. That’s his work you see here. He, and the agency he works for, were in charge of the look. Which got him tickets to the event. So while I didn’t get to go to the only awards show that means something to me for ME, I’m going! I rented a dress, from a great company called One Night Affair, because I don’t have the means for a designer dress in my housewife budget, but I had enough to rent a designer dress for the night. And a complimenting clutch.

I’m getting glammed up! Hair and makeup done at noon, headed to a pre party by 2pm, and the awards in the early evening. I’m giddy. I’m looking forward to live performances from Arcade Fire, Mumford and Sons, Ray LaMontagne, Muse, Lady Gaga, Justin Bieber (I put them in the order of my interest, that’s right, it’s probably the opposite order than about 90% of any other viewer, but that’s okay too).

When my kids found out Justin Bieber was performing (I have three boys in elementary school) one said to me “Mom, if you get to talk to Justin Bieber, can you tell him something from us?” Awww, I said sure! (How cute, right?) He said “tell him we think his music SUCKS!” LOL. Wow, jealous much? I’m sure I won’t meet him, but if I do, I don’t think I’ll tell him that.

I’m sure he already knows.

Anyway, here is a glimpse of the dress

Printed by permission. Visit Debbie's blog @ http://www.exurbmagazine.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment